Friday, August 13, 2010

time off is good time

For the past two weeks, I've been working about half of my usual hours at the hospital. As long as I restrain myself from checking our bank account compulsively, half expecting it to be near depleted, I'm really enjoying all this extra time to myself. I've been spending much of my days in this room.

Sometimes I almost can't get over how much I adore this space. 
This corner of the room, in particular, is where you can find me. (Have I told you about the built-in bookcase!? Love it, right?) 

Lots of book writing has been happening. I'm up to 40 pages now and have even begun some initial organizing and formatting. Not all the time, but sometimes it's hard to do this. Sometimes it's like I'm dragging my feet very, very slowly through tar; the amount of effort and struggle put forth no where near equating with the speed or progress I feel I should be making. Those are the times when I allow myself more mini emotional breaks to play a few rounds of Scramble on my iPhone, peruse random stuff online, or...take pictures of my living room and write about it on my blog, maybe? Yup. 

Oh yes. You should also know that while driving through the mountains yesterday, we found this huge moose.
Check the National Geo money shot. That was me.

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Hey! Check out this talk given by a Harvard MBA at a conference about how to push through the "project plateau." I think I should watch it every day.

http://the99percent.com/videos/6701/scott-belsky-how-to-avoid-the-idea-generation-trap

Young People in Love said...

This was SO great, Brynny! Thanks for the link!!