Monday, March 26, 2012

30 weeks (+ Chas got a hair cut)

The weather was beautifully perfect on Saturday. 
What is it about amazing weather that makes everything in life seem so much better? 

With 9 more weeks to go, I'm feeling quite large.
Kinda scares me to think I'll be gaining a pound a week from here on out. Makes me wonder if I should stop eating burgers and pizza at least three nights a week.
Sheesh. 

We finished our last birthing class last week.
Our teacher knitted every couple a pair of baby booties.
Super sweet. 

I'm feeling so, so pumped for birth. Our class really helped to sweep away the fear and uncertainty around the whole concept and process of a natural birth. Both Chas and I feel like we know what we want the experience to be like and know how to do everything within our power to have a positive birthing experience. 

At the same time, we both understand that there are plenty of factors outside our control when it comes to bringing little cryings out here. Ultimately, whatever happens with her birth will be for the best, even if the experience ends up being very different than we had planned on. 
No matter what happens, we feel confident and calm because we've done our part in preparing, learning about our options, and have tried to make the best choices we can for our growing family.

20 comments:

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

You look so beautiful! I love hearing people get excited for their natural birth. That's what I've always wanted for me and my future kids and it's so reassuring to hear women say "I'm looking forward to this!"

Emily said...

You look wonderful, and glowing! Not huge at all!

Saskia said...

You look great!

Brittany @ Brittany's Joy Blog said...

You guys are adorable :) Such exciting steps in your lives together, cherish them!

Ruthie Hart said...

finally some bump shots!! you are so gorgeous! your bump is so tiny :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys to welcome little cryings into the world. ps - you look fabulous girl! :)

jackie said...

you're looking so pretty, lady :)pregnancy suits you for sure.

Amanda English said...

Well you look amazing and I think it's super sweet that the teacher knit a bunch of booties!!! xoxo A-

Aleisha said...

even though everyone else has said the same thing...you are seriously such a cute pregnant woman.

JW | PEONY said...

you rock that belly so well! I can't believe you're already 30 weeks!

Jenna said...

Are you SURE you're eating burgers and pizza 3 times a week? You look amazing.

Such a great attitude you have about birth. It's so empowering to have a plan in mind but to also be flexible with regards to necessary interventions. Pretty much guarantees you'll have a great birth experience no matter what.

Maria Larsen said...

First off your skirt is gorgeous, as are you! You are possibly one of the cutest pregnant people ever. So glad to hear the birthing classes helped the nerves!

Jen said...

you look adorable! I can't believe you're already at 30 weeks. seems like just yesterday I read the announcement :) can not wait to see her!!

kylee said...

i love that i know exactly where you took those pictures. my lds sorority took pictures there once! andddd my best friend's sister had her wedding reception there!

McKenzie said...

i just LOVE your blog! it is so cute! and you look amazing! getting close!

<3
Kenzie

Caitlin said...

You are so CUTE! Look at that belly! I can't believe your pregnancy is almost over!

lauren jean allece said...

You are so adorable! I love your outfit and your positive attitude! So excited for Little Cryings!

Rosemary said...

I keep thinking that that looks like the perfect nursery!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Your baby bump is so cute!

Kate said...

You have the cutest bump everrrr!

In our sea of love