Tuesday, March 13, 2012

little things I love so much

I haven't been the easiest person to live with lately so here's a post dedicated to the person who is always patient and loving with my emotional monster self. 
The other night, we were dissembling a curtain rod (long story). 
A short while after, Chas calls to me from the living room. 
This is what I see when I come in. 
Exactly. 

>>>

During my first trimester, I felt really nauseous in the mornings and the only thing that helped would be to eat something quickly. So Chas started bringing me a bowl of cereal right when I woke up so I wouldn't even have to leave the bed before I got some food down. 

The morning sickness is long gone but Chas is still bringing me breakfast. 
Every morning, he wakes up and gets ready for work. Then he gently wakes me and asks what kind of cereal I want today. Before long, he's back with two bowls and together, we sit in bed and eat our breakfast. 
Not sure if there's a more glorious way to start each day. 

>>>

We're gearing up for a natural birth.
Part of the prep is practicing deep relaxation exercises. 

At night, especially when I can't get comfortable enough to fall asleep, Chas helps me meditate. 
He'll remind me to breathe deeply and then he'll take me on what we call a "meditation journey." 
He makes up great, relaxing, darling stories for me to focus on and, within minutes, I'm asleep. 

During last night's meditation journey, I was taking little cryings for a stroll and then ended up in a magical forest. 

>>>

And, perhaps most importantly, he lets me do some good crying whenever I need to. 
(Which has been pretty often the last two weeks. Third trimester hormones have been a doozy so far.)

So thank you, Chas. 
I love you. 

16 comments:

Erin said...

Chas must be a super sweet guy. I can't wait to meet your little cryings.

Steady Acre Farm said...

I love that Chas would bring you a bowl of cereal in bed...and that he still does, and you eat breakfast in bed together. So sweet and connected and wonderful. Little cryings is entering a home so full of love!

Unknown said...

I sure love this. Sometimes we need to just let those we love know how thankful we are for them. Thanks for the reminder!

Brianna said...

Aw! What a big love ball he is! lol I also had cereal everyyy morning, for almost the entire time I was pregnant. Yum.

Catherine said...

Hooray for natural birth! Are you doing lamaze? I'm here to testify that it works! You can do it!

Rae said...

Awh! You two are the cutest. You have a lovely marriage. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You too are so adorable and your little cryings is going to be the luckiest baby in the world x

Alexis Kaye said...

I pretty much say this every post, but you two are the cutest.

Alexis Kaye said...

I pretty much say this every post, but you two are the cutest.

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

you are one lucky woman.

xo em

Lai Yen Yi said...

Oh it's so sweet! You are so lucky to have a good husband.

Caitlin said...

You're a lucky lady! He's a great find :)

jackie said...

what a sweet man you love. he'll make the best father :)

The Brooks Family said...

every time I read your blog, I smile. I love that your posts seem so real. and you are super relatable.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! I did hypnobirthing and it was fantastic. I don't know if you like reading birth stories but here's mine:

http://trevorandapril.blogspot.com/2011/10/bridgets-birth-story.html

I had such a positive experience and practicing with my husband made all the difference.

Good luck to you, I know you can do it. It's what your body was made to do.

Whim Wham Life said...

natural birth! yayayaaya:-) are you doing hypnobirthing? xoxo