Wednesday, May 16, 2012

guest post: The Bradley's

Today, Elizabeth from The Bradley's is here to introduce herself and her beautiful family. 
I really love what she has to say about marriage, the importance of kindness, and hopes for her children!
Aaaa-men, my sista.
Hello there! My name is Elizabeth and I'm a writer and blogger over at The Bradley's. 

I'm a homeschooling mom to a little girl that resembles Shirley Temple, only with blue eyes. 

I began blogging over a year ago at our family travel site; I had a ton of travel pics from Europe and Asia and wanted to put them up on the web. After a period of time, I wanted to have a blog where I could talk more about homesteading and our marriage, as well as our lives as artists, so I started The Bradley's. My husband and I both feel that in today's society both marriage and family are almost looked down upon, despite the media stressing they are pro family. Well, it's obvious they aren't. And they especially don't favor young marriages as TV makes them out to be a joke, and so called celebrities can't remain married for more than 48 hours (it seems). I wanted to show another side to 'young marriage' and just family in general, which is that it is the most important thing in the world, and strongly connected families create healthy societies.

My husband is a classically trained actor and that combined with us wanting to settle down in a homeschooling friendly community prompted us to begin the process of moving. Billy hopes to attend the Royal Conservatoire in Glasgow do to his Masters, which would be an incredible opportunity. In tandem with that, I got a job as the senior editor for an upcoming travel site, so we have some things to look forward to in the next few years. We also want to expand our family, and have plans to both adopt and have more biological children.

Our motto, although it may sound corny, is 'kindness always'. I stole that from my brother's kids book You Can't Have My Planet but really that sums us up. We strive to be kind to ourselves, to the environment, and to anyone and everyone we meet or encounter. We try not to judge others and being sensitive artists we don't like others judging us. We want to raise our kids to be considerate and inquisitive, as well as artistic and entrepreneurial. We also want them to seek God and follow their own unique path and relationship with Him. 

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kelsey Bradley said...

Thanks for having us hun!! So happy to have cyber met you and your lovely family! XOXO

Anonymous said...

This was absolutely lovely. So happy to read about such great love. <3