Ashley of Tea for Two is here today with an amazing tutorial for making an accordion book!
You're gonna wanna pin this :)
Hello, I'm Ashley from Tea for Two. I blog with my sweetie, Daniel. On our little space you'll find the daily happenings and things of interest of two young people completely in love with each other. I like art and math, am studying graphic and web design, and can do “the worm”. He likes books and puzzles, is studying chemistry and physics, and is pretty good at ping pong. We are planning to get married, have lots of babies, and take plenty of trips to museums.
I want to share the things I am learning in art school. How to make a concertina book.
(I got my styrofoam borad from Wal-mart, and used an x-acto knife to cut it down.)
1. Fold your card stock in half, hamburger style.
2. Glue each sheet together, spines opposite of each other. This creates an "accordion" affect with your paper.
3. Using the hot glue gun, glue down the sides of the of your fabric to the back of the styrofoam board. (Fold the corners in to make the cover a little neater.)
4. After you've covered both boards, glue the inside of your accordion to your cover.
5. Now you can add things of your choice on both sides of the book.
6. Tie your ribbon around your new accordion book to keep it closed. (Make sure you make it long enough for the book to grow in size if you add things to the inside like picture, etc.)
I feel like the possible uses for a little book like this are endless!
And be sure to check out Tea for Two for more cuteness in the making.