Monday, May 17, 2010

sick day

Chas decided that the two words to describe this past weekend were relaxing and productive. We loved it. I loved it so much, in fact, that late last night I started dreading Monday morning...a lot. I kept thinking over and over again how I didn't want it to come and how I just wanted every day to be a weekend day. Chas reminded me that I would probably start hating life after a few days of not working (true) but I still kept stressing about having to wake up early the next morning and start another long week of groups- which, don't get me wrong, I love doing- but sometimes you just need your two-day weekend to be three days. 

So I laid there in bed and couldn't turn off all the thinking and dreading. I got four hours of sleep. In the morning, my tummy hurt. And since I've been known to make myself really, really sick from stress, I decided it would be best to get my groups covered and spend the day resting...and painting.

When Chas comes home I'll ask him to hug me and sing me the Winnie the Pooh song. He does that whenever I need to relax and feel better.

No comments: