Thursday, June 30, 2011

there is beauty all around


when there's love at home. 

IMG_0969-1.jpg

Last night, I ended up not having to go into work. 
As I sat at home on our comfy red couch, I looked around and started thinking about how much I adore our little love basement. (I also thought about how much I love my camo skirt but perhaps we'll save that topic for another time.)

So back to me loving our home.

There was a time, not too long ago, that I was sick and tired of having ample free time at home alone. I felt restless, stir crazy, and unproductive. 

I don't feel that way any more. 

I love being home. I love the time I have to myself. I'm finally starting to appreciate the blessing that all this sam-alone-at-home time really is in my life. 

It's funny how sometimes we take things for granted and want things to be different than they are.
We see the best in every other person's situation.  

I'm learning that each and every single snapshot moment in my life is special, is important.
I like liking my life- as is. I like being content while also being excited about new adventures in the future. 
It feels relieving and peaceful.

This time is our time. Just Sam, Chas, and our apartment. 
It's a beautiful thing. 

You know what else is a beautiful thing? 
Naming your price for original artwork. It's first come, first serve for the remaining paintings! Just shoot me an email with your price and I'll get some artwork on it's way to you!

13 comments:

Gentri said...

I love just being at home too. :) Your home looks gorgeous!

Megan said...

i will be honest. i may{may not} have been silently stalking your blog for quite some time. you are so cute and i love how devoted you are to your husband!! i'm so glad you found my blog and we can be official blog friends. your comment seriously made my day :)

Tracy said...

what a lovely post. <3

Mugdha said...

I love home time! I feel like as soon as I set myself about my house to do something that isn't stare at my computer, I just feel so relaxed at home.
PS - Love the title of this. It reminds me of a song from this musical I like.

Caitlin said...

I love being home more than anything ever...I never feel more relaxed than when I'm in my favorite chair, on my computer, while Robbie watches TV and laughs with me. Thanks for the reminder :) <33

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love finding new awesome blogs to read :) I'm actually in Grad school FOR teaching haha so I will be excited when I am getting paid to be there too :)

Jaimie said...

Sam, I'm so happy you found my new little blog because I absolutely love yours! You seem to be the type of person who does things for a good cause and is inspirational in the process. I'm excited to follow you and learn more about art therapy :)

L!$@ said...

It's easy to miss the good things in life huh. It's like having a pebble in your shoe, a lolly in your mouth and only focusing on the pebble annoying or hurting you, but easily forget the sweet taste of the lolly.

Call it Adventure said...

I've recently started enjoying my alone time a lot more than I used to, too! I used to always need someone around or else I got stir-crazy as well. But now? It's my chance to catch up on e-mails, blog updates, watch something on Netflix I know no one else would watch with me, etc. I'm glad you're liking life! It's good stuff, no?

Cindy said...

Hahah I am excited for your contentment, Sam. Alone time and relaxation is completely necessary for all of us. :)

Also nice advertising! ;D hahaha

from head 2 toe said...

I have that same lamp- gotta love Mr. Parrot! Now I feel so stylish! You are too cute!
xoxo

Createliveblog said...

YOUR blog, my friend, is KILLER. ;-)
Looks like I'm stickin around, too!
Love the layout btw.
-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

Abby said...

I think you are a wonderful example of how to live.