Wednesday, October 12, 2011

pumpkin pie

A few nights ago, we (I) decided that we (I) had to have some pumpkin pie and hot chocolate. 
And because eating desserts is always better in pajamas, we changed out of our clothes, into pajamas, and headed for the nearest Village Inn. 
At 11pm. 

The pumpkin pie was actually pretty dang good.
Apparently Village Inn is full of surprises. 

You know who else is full of surpises? 
Chas. 

Early the next morning (9am), I was awakened to this: 

"Sam. Hey, Sam. I just thought of a really great name for a pie shop in Salt Lake City.
This Is The Pie Place." 

I gave a groggy but encouraging, "Uhh...That's awesome..."
But before I'd finished, he had already rolled over and gone back to sleep.

Moral of the story?
You never know when pumpkin pie cravings, pajamas, and pure genius will strike. 
Be prepared.

18 comments:

Kesia Marie said...

Out of all the yummies out there, pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie are my all-time favorite. I'm a pie girl. :) Sounds like you guys are having a lovely time with the autumn menu! :) Have a lovely Wenesday! XOXO

Becca said...

Pie and PJs - the ultimate combo! Had to google Village Inn, now I want pie! :) x

Mrs. Biscuit said...

You two crack me up!

This is the pie place-- that's awesome...

Yup, that sounds like a discussion my hubby and I would have! I love you guys! Hahahaha!

Now I want pie.. and pajamas!


<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Tunes & Spoons said...

that is straight up pure genius. for real. he needs to copyright that junk!!!!!!!!

... said...

Looks so yummy! Love your new design! :)

Perpetual Blind Date said...

Pumpkin Pie sounds so good! Is it ok to eat it for breakfast?? - Alyssa

Ingrid said...

Pumpkin pies are literally the best sweets ever made. Ever.

JW | PEONY said...

I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie but that still looks delicious!

Nicole said...

haha!! so awesome!

you guys are so brave to go in your pj's. kinda really awesome!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Yum! I love going out for late night snacks in our PJ's :)

Jesseca said...

Ummmm so A: I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOOOOKKKKK!!!! B: You went to VI in your pj's? Brilliant. Simply inspirational. C: Sleep talk is definitely the most entertaining... just ask my dad. D: You're awesome. E: I better stop commenting before they kick me out.

beady said...

Pumpkin related items aren't really very popular over here in England, in fact I don't think that I've ever eaten anything with pumpkin in it. That pie looks amazing though. I'd be all over trying some of that!

ps/ Giveaway happening over here...
Check-it-out

christa morris said...

hahaha awesome story!
pumpking pie is the best! as well as pumpkin lattes! and pie w/ hot chocolate! even better! mmhmm.

Anonymous said...

umm. it is ridiculous how much i want that slice of pie right now.

where is the pie place when i need it?

sarahannnoel said...

Yum, yum, yum! Look at all that whipped cream!

Melissa said...

I love that your pie name is a mix of "this is the place" & "the pie". I'm a new reader, and I grew up in Salt Lake! I love finding blogs that I can really feel like I know what you're talking about! LOVE IT!

Caitlin said...

Hahaha you two are hilarious. I really could go for some pumpkin pie right around now...

TheLovelyHunter said...

this looks so good! i have yet to have pumpkin pie this fall--tragedy!