Sunday, August 5, 2012

a blessing day



today was a special day for our hero. today at church, chas gave hero her baby blessing.

(in the lds faith, a baby blessing is a time for friends and family to gather around and honor the new baby while the dad says a special prayer just for the baby.)

chas did an excellent job and gave hero a beautiful, heart-felt blessing. it was a very proud moment for me, both as a wife and as a mother. it was also so great to be surrounded by our wonderful family and friends on our little girl's big day.

after church, we had a little potluck luncheon in the park with our two immediate families. the food was delicious and my sister, rosie, made the most spectacular (and yummy!) cake. (check out instagram to see it!)

the only bummer was it was crazy hot outside. like oh-hi-my-eyelids-are-sweating hot.
when we got home, we whipped off our clothes and the three of us stood directly underneath the swamp cooler blasting on high. ahhhhh...

i'm so grateful for my little family. i love these two more than anything and am so blessed to be a mommy to hero.

11 comments:

stephanie hammer said...

her blessing really was so beautiful & heart felt!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

that sounds so lovely!! I am so happy for the two of you.

Jenna said...

Ok, that last picture? I die.

The Hopewell House said...

The last picture is super funny :) Congrats to little Hero- she's adorable!

Gaby said...

so glad you had a nice day, such a beautiful family :)

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

congratulations! she is beautiful!

Donna said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Steph Romney said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations, she is perfect and she is one lucky little lady to have such wonderful parents like yourselves!

Alexis Kaye said...

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to most after I have my baby :) and she really is beautiful. Where did you get the dress?

Young People in Love said...

@Alexis Kay:

I'm glad you like the dress! It's actually my sister's that she let me borrow. It was meant for her son so we just got the ribbon and tied it around to make it a bit more girly :)

Mindee said...

what a special day for Hero and your family! babies are so close to Heaven, makes you wonder what they see : ) darling pics of you 3!