Friday, August 3, 2012

ruffles, ribbons, and rosie




















the three things that made yesterday great.

ruffles: i tried on hero's new swimsuit for the first time. and then i about died. it fits her little chubs so perfectly! i can't wait to get her in the pool rockin' those ruffles. best $7 i ever spent at target. hands down.

ribbons: just because i dress ro in jammies every day doesn't mean she can't have some proper girly accessories. i threw together these three headbands last night while we watched women's gymnastics. now my baby can have some fancy to go with her jammies for church on sundays.

rosie: my little sister hosted a friend's bridal shower last night. afterwards, she stopped by our place to surprise us with one of the leftover strawberry chiffon pies she had made. apparently, earlier that day, she had also busted out 2 more strawberry chiffon pies, a lemon meringue pie (all four with homemade crusts), lemon melt away cookies, and fancy drinks. plus she's refashioned that darling dress she's wearing to fit her perfectly. and her hair is a bow. and cute nails.

...anyone else kinda hate themselves now?
yeah, me too.

i think i'll just go eat some of her pie.

>>>

have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Kendra // The Darling Blog said...

Oh my goodness how cute is she! I love the ruffles. That pie looks pretty fantastic too!

- Kendra
thedarlingblog.com

Rosemary said...

bah hahahahahah. THANKS SAM! LOVE YOU

JW | PEONY said...

I saw that suit at target and almost decided, right then and there, that I needed to get married and have a babe JUST for the swimsuit alone. It's so cute.

Jessica Holly said...

Your sister is darling- and so are those headbands! Is that velvet elastic?

Amy said...

That picture of Hero is SOOO cute! Can I look that adorable in my swimsuit? Please and thank you.

Unknown said...

LOVE your new blog look, its amazing. and love your girls suit and how you call her ro. and those head bands rock, good job! and your sis is a dream, but so are you!! love love!

Ashlee said...

Awh! Hero is looking quite adorable! Those headbands will look wonderful with her jammies! Wow. I wish I could devour some of that pie...sounds SO good right about now. Your sister sounds like wonder woman!

ellen said...

Share the pie recipe! And that's a cute suit! I bought the same one for my friend who is expecting her first girl soon.

Courtney said...

Haha but really could she be anymore perfect!

Anonymous said...

those little lips are so adorable!

Japolina said...

She is adorable!

Laynah said...

Love love aaaand love.

Daily Photo 2012 said...

Hero is seriously one of the best dressed babies I have ever seen. I'm so impressed! (And also jealous of that pie, it looks delicious!)

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

She.
is.
precious!!!!!

nikki said...

seriously, Rosie?? Come on. I can't even eat your pie to make myself feel better. I need to know how to do my hair in a bow like that, and if you could refashion a dress for me that would be great.

Rachael said...

That photo of your daughter is so cute! Oh my gosh. Aww.

Mindee said...

love that lil swim suit of hers! great job on her bows, they are adorable! and that pie...i must have stared at it for 5 minutes..haha.

Anonymous said...

Birdie has that exact same swimsuit. I am so in love with it. The perfect mesh of ombre, ruffles, and divine cuteness :)

Tiahna said...

ha! I just found your blog from Merricks Art. I've only read about four of your posts...but I feel like I know you! i totally get you. Like this post about Rosie, is exactly how I feel about my little sis. Your awesome.
The end.

http://fourseasonsandaroadtrip.blogspot.com/