Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have two things I want to say.

First, we saw How to Train Your Dragon last night. Ummm...best movie I've ever seen? Yes. There's even a tender sequence where the boy and dragon are doing art therapy together. (Ok, where has this movie been all my life?) Is it weird to say I think I even felt the spirit a few times while watching it? Because I'm pretty sure I did. I'm also pretty sure I almost cried...three times. Basically, me and How to Train Your Dragon are M.F.E.O. (made for each other).
Pixar shmixar. 

Also, you see those girls sitting on the couch in the video below? I used to live with them in the Flower Basket last year. I have so much respect and love for those three cuties. I think the four of us made a curious bunch. We all are so different but also all strong and independent women with a deep mutual respect and genuine admiration for one another. Kara, Mylee, and Meg were the perfect girls for me to live with during what was a rather strange transitional time in my life.

Kara (the Hawaiian princess) started this hot new Provo girl band, Kara and the Shivaree. In fact, they are playing at Velour tomorrow night and are so fun to watch live- they always have different kinds of "instruments" each show. You should go. It will probably be one of the best bands you hear at Velour. 
This is one of my favorite songs.
Girl Band of Provo from Irek Reyd on Vimeo.

You're impressed, huh? Totally cute.

No comments: