Chas and I take turns being in charge of Valentine's Day each year. That way, one person gets to sit back and just enjoy the holiday without having to worry about anything. Chas was in charge last year. This year, it was my turn. We both took the whole day off yesterday because #1. it was the first day being back together after almost a week apart and, #2. it was Valentine's Day. Duh.
We slept in and then, while I got up to start working on the Vday surprises, I handed Chas this card I bought and told him to write me a nice love note. Which he did very well.
Chas came out from the bedroom to this:
Check out the ginormous starfish love card I found. Awesome and creepy, all at the same time. (My fave is the broken heart at the bottom with black all around.)
I think Chas' face here does a nice job of expressing our feelings about this card. (Happy/nervous/confused)
For breakfast, we had cinnamon roll hearts. I'm pretty proud of myself for this one.
Seriously, though. How darling is!?
And then, for a little present, I ordered this print. It should arrive any day now.
I don't know if I can think of a better phrase to describe me and Chas' past and as a couple. It's perfect.
The rest of the day's activities went a little something like this:
- Saw Tangled (Not as good as I'd heard it was.)
- Bought a new frying pan (Get it?? Perfect after-Tangled activity, right??)
- Shared a panini and tomato basil soup at The Corner Bakery Cafe for lunch
- Had some nice snuggled-up couch nap time back at home
- Did laundry and dishes (we're both fun-loving and productive at the same time!)
- Saw Megamind at the Dolla Holla theater. Yup- two movies in one day! Only the best for my filmmaker. (And, btw, this was the second time I'd seen Megamind in three day's time. I love that movie.)
- Made Chas a romantic candle light dinner, complete with Dr. Pepper.
- And, because it was Monday, we had a little 11pm FHE action. Chas gave the lesson about listening to promptings from the Holy Ghost.
- Ended our Vday with some snugs and back tickles to me from Chas.
I loved everything about today and everything about my Valentine. So many little moments that I wanted to soak, soak, soak all up.