Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Faves

On Wednesday, I co-ran an art day camp for children with disabilities. The theme for the day was Peter Pan so my fellow art therapist friend and I decided to do all pirate projects with the kiddos. We had stations set up for them to make treasure boxes, treasure maps, and, my personal favorite, their very own pirate hats. If those little Down Syndrome pups never take off their paper pirate hats, I won't be sad. They looked darling. 

After doing artwork with 6 different large groups of severely disabled little ones, I was barely alive when I got home. So, so tired. 

And because Chas is Chas, he let me be lazy on the couch while he whipped us up an amazing dinner: General Tso's Chicken, egg drop soup, and rice. 


Chas: "I feel like I'm in China!"

Ok, I love you. 

Another favorite of mine right now is getting to do some Sam&Chas modeling next weekend! 
It involves Heather Bailey (for realz!) and this online magazine

Outfit brainstorming is in full-swing for this little photo shoot and Chas is practicing his smolder. 
It's a good thing too, because I'm pretty sure that smolder of his is the reason behind anyone wanting to take our pics in the first place. So thanks, Mr. Smolder.

It's always my reason. That's for sure. 

(And yes, I did just refer to a facial expression in the first person, thankyouverymuch.)

12 comments:

Caitlin said...

Haha! You are too cute :) Good luck in your outfit planning!

Anna said...

Howww have I not found your blog sooner??? You two are so cute!

Mugdha said...

Oh, that's so cool! I worked with disabled children for a few weeks, and seriously, I just wanted to keep them all even though it was such hard work. They were all so sweet!

Unknown said...

Your blog is the cutest thing ever! Thanks so much for stopping by mine! Following u :)

Kristin

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

That is the most precious thing ever, what a great act of service

Amanda said...

hi! i'm super glad you found my blog today....cause i have never visited your blog before...and it's wonderful! so cute! i can't believe that he just whipped up chinese food on the spot?! that is amazing. i'm jealous! ha! :)

Shelby said...

you have such a sweet, pretty blog... i just love it!! and how sweet to make a chinese dinner for you!! i used to volunteer with children with disabilities. it is so tiring but so incredibly rewarding. and i just watched hook (robin williams as peter pan) so i'm totally excited about the peter pan theme right now! thanks for your comment <3shelby

www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

A+J said...

yummmm chinese food! Also love the pirate theme for the clinic. I bet the kids were just darlin

Unknown said...

Working with People-with-disability can be tiring but i can be rewarding too. I get to work with them everyday. It's part of my job and I love it. I will suggest that we teach them create treasure boxes and pirate hats. I think we haven't done that.

Thanks for following. I did the same. You are awesome.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had an amazing day with those kids. Yet another reason you will be a great mom someday.

Jordan and Jandee said...

I love Tso's Chicken

Shay said...

I dont think there is anything better than people using their talents to serve others! You are amazing! Good luck with the outfits!